We’re not immediately hiring this role but actively accepting and reviewing applications.
GLIDE, a values-first digital creative agency based in Austin, Texas is looking for a Creative Lead. This role is remote and freelance / contract with potential to become full time.
ABOUT THE JOB
A Creative Lead at GLIDE will join the UX team and report directly to the Creative Director. They will be responsible for shaping and driving the creative direction of our projects, inspiring a team of designers, and collaborating closely with clients to bring beautiful, results-driven websites to life. Creative prowess, leadership skills, and passion for design in this role will be pivotal in our continued delivery of exceptional digital experiences.
- Creative Direction: Lead the creative process from concept to execution, guiding the development of visually captivating and user-centered web designs that align with client goals and brand identities.
- Design Leadership: Inspire designers, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment while ensuring projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Client Collaboration: Work closely with clients to understand their business objectives, brand values, and design preferences. Translate client requirements into creative briefs.
- Design Strategy: Develop and communicate design strategies that address client needs, market trends, and industry best practices.
Project Oversight: Lead multiple projects simultaneously, with support from the Project Manager, to ensure they stay on track, meet deadlines, and stay within design scope.
- Presentations: Effectively communicate design concepts and strategies to both internal teams and clients through compelling presentations that showcase the rationale behind your creative decisions.
- Quality Assurance: Review and approve designs before final delivery to ensure they align with project goals, client expectations, and our own standards of quality.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of proven experience in an art director, storyteller or other similar roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communication science or a similar field is a plus.
- Familiarity with Figma.
- Client management experience is a plus.
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU
You say “Hell Yeah!” when reading our core values:
- Build meaningful relationships – You see every day as an opportunity to grow and inspire and celebrate others.
- Love what you do – You do it for the love of the craft and the process and because work excites you.
- Better every day – You’d rather live in the stretch zone than the comfort zone. Trying new things is the only way to grow.
- Deliver faithfully – You set clear and realistic expectations for yourself and others. Then you follow through.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Here’s a few reasons we think you’ll love working at GLIDE:
- Purpose – Unrelenting focus on our core purpose to help people who help others
- Freedom – Freedom of time, location and work hours to balance your work/life
- People – Collaboration with kind-hearted, humble, and talented “A” players
- Remote – Work from anywhere, travel the world, be FREE to roam!
- Balance – We never ask people to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Growth – We encourage, recognize, and support employee career development
- Culture – Daily, weekly, quarterly and annual cultural activities
- Recognition – 628 encouraging Slack posts of specific recognition in 2020
- G-Labs – Core GLIDE initiative to collaborate, innovate and make a better world
- Strategy – We communicate big picture, annual and quarterly goals regularly
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
For almost 20 years, our desire to help people who help others remains true. For that reason, GLIDE has always sought to work with startups, nonprofits, and difference makers—all passionate, all wanting to do amazing things. It’s about giving great ideas and great organizations the exposure they deserve through delightful online digital experiences that are beautiful, useful, and produce lasting value.
We attribute our success and well-being to working with other passionate folks, choosing projects that everyone can rally behind and fanatically embracing open source platforms like WordPress. Whether it’s a nonprofit that distributes care boxes to cancer patients or a devilishly good taco maker, GLIDE has had the privilege and honor to work with truly beloved brands like Yeti Coolers, Torchy’s Tacos, iFLY, H.E. Butt Foundation, RetailMeNot, National Breast Cancer Foundation, WP Engine, and many more.
This position is on a freelance/contract basis and remote. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
You’re free to work from anywhere anytime. If you’re outside of the US but can work at least 4+ hours in the US Central time zone from 9am-5pm (but not past midnight in your time zone, we want to encourage a healthy work-life balance), let’s talk. You should be fluent in English and have a strong wifi signal to support Zoom video chats with our team.
We celebrate our diversity, of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, lifestyle, location, and more. We believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
No agencies or recruiters please.