What a relief when you find that one thing that helps you make sense of the world. For me, it’s always been writing stuff down, whether I knew it or not. I watch, I listen, and I take time to sort through all the noise—on paper—until I find out what signals produce real emotional reactions. Fun hobby, right? Well it turns out the same process applies to my work. Listen to what a client wants, and before you design anything, do your best to figure out what feeling we are trying to evoke. All told, I want to make things that move people.
- BA in Communication from the University of Virginia
- Art direction & videography for independent TV station
- Professional copywriting at marketing startup in Austin
- Brand positioning and identity work after joining GLIDE
- Creative direction on GLIDE projects starting in 2014
10 Interesting Facts About Drew:
- He likes every food except yellow mustard
- He lived in the middle of Brooklyn, in a van, for several months.
- Yes, he also lived in a van down by the river.
- Did he mention he shared said van with a cat and her litter of 5 kittens!
(okay, we get it, moving on from the van…)
- He’s never had a tooth cavity, and is soooo proud of it.
- His last hair cut was in 2010 (okay maybe a trim, or two).
- He can hit a tennis ball like 1000 feet, he says.
- He communicates telepathically with cats. And they talk back, of course.
- He’s never seen Titanic. Not that he’s avoiding it. Really he’s not.
- He carries library cards for at least a dozen different cities.