For a long time I’ve believed in experiences over things. Creating experiences is why I enjoy design so much. It gives me an opportunity to build a world around people. As a creative director, I understand how important the complete visual experience is to a brand. I’ve focused on UI/UX, branding and print design, but the core of what I do is design thinking: creating solutions to problems. I am at my best when presenting concepts, talking through my UX and design approach, and helping to gain alignment while also pushing the status quo.
- UI/UX, branding and print design.
- BA in graphic design from Flagler College.
- 10+ years experience as a visual designer.
- Versatile client experience ranging from startups and enterprise leaders to local businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
- Helped clients secure more than 100 million in VC funding.
10 Interesting Facts About Katie:
- Currently amassing a collection of decorations for a fully-immersive tiki bar in her backyard and perfecting her cocktails.
- She is an SNL superfan and fulfilled her lifelong dream of being at a taping at 8H.
- Loves travel and plans on returning to Japan and Italy soon. Currently traveling locally to every Texas swimming hole she can find.
- Looking for the perfect illustration from fellow Cincinnati native Charley Harper to get as a first tattoo.
- Almost completed an engineering degree at University of Florida before graphic design came calling so she has a knack for math and numbers. She can remember her credit cards within days.
- Has two Miniature Schnauzers, Desmond and Penny that were named after characters from Lost (who were actually named after Beatles lyrics).
- Loves all things mid-century, furniture, art, clothes…
- Has a passion for cooking and is renowned among friends and neighbors for her chicken tinga recipe.
- Stand up comedy connoisseur who lured her husband into a full heckling from Dave Attel at the Comedy Cellar.
- Can recite most/all of the Sandlot, Royal Tenenbaums and Anchorman. (It’s so damn hot. Milk was a bad choice.)