I believe communication is everything. I know, cliché right? But really, that’s all “direction” of any kind comes down to—whether you’re making a website or movie or working in a busy kitchen. My job is to listen to what a client wants and translate that into a clear, executable plan for the site design. What appeals to each of us visually is subjective, but as long as we’re communicating well, we’ll get to the desired result—every time.
- BA in Communication from the University of Virginia
- Art direction & videography for independent TV station
- Professional copywriting at marketing startup in Austin
- Brand positioning and identity work after joining GLIDE
- Creative direction on GLIDE projects starting in 2014
10 Interesting Facts About Drew:
- He likes every food except yellow mustard.
- He lived in the middle of Brooklyn, in a van, for several months.
- Yes, he also lived in a van down by the river.
- Did he mention he shared said van with a cat and her litter of 5 kittens!
(okay, we get it, moving on from the van…)
- He’s never had a tooth cavity, and is soooo proud of it.
- His last hair cut was in 2010 (okay maybe he’s had a trim or two).
- He can hit a tennis ball like 1000 feet, he says.
- He communicates telepathically with cats. And they talk back, of course.
- He’s never seen Titanic. Not that he’s avoiding it. Really he’s not.
- He carries library cards from at least a dozen different cities.