GLIDE, a values-first digital creative agency based in Austin, Texas is looking for an SEO Specialist. We’re not immediately hiring this role but actively accepting and reviewing applications.
ABOUT THE JOB
GLIDE SEO practitioners implement cohesive on-page strategies using industry best practices.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform SEO audits including technical and on-page evaluation.
- Perform keyword research to expand keyword opportunities.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Develop SEO strategies and phased roadmaps to assist clients in meeting their organic visibility goals.
- Create SEO performance measurement plans with KPIs and benchmarks for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Evaluate existing content for alignment to the SEO strategy to determine content development and refinement opportunities.
- Perform on-page technical SEO: title tags, meta descriptions, alternative text, URL/slug optimization, H tags, and paragraph content.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Stay up-to-date on SEO best practices and trends affecting search rankings.
- Collaborate with others within the operations teams to manage SEO strategy.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE + KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years of proven experience developing and executing SEO strategies.
- Experience implementing SEO for WordPress / Yoast websites.
- Client management experience.
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field is a plus.
- Google Analytics Certification also a plus.
Advanced knowledge of:
- Technical SEO – best-practices (leveraging Yoast, XML Sitemaps, robots.txt, etc.)
- Ranking Factors – Up-to-date ranking factors and search engine algorithm changes
- Google Tools – Google Analytics, Google Search Console & Google Tag Manager
Thorough knowledge of:
- Onpage SEO
- HTML & CSS
- Redirect Strategies
- Site speed, including site speed, Google Page Speed and Core Vitals
- SEO Tools – SEMRush, MOZ, AHrefs, Screaming Frog
- Structured data, including rich snippets, schema and validation tools
Working knowledge of:
- Local SEO
- Mobile SEO
- Ecommerce platforms like Shopify, Woocommerce and Big Commerce)
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU
You say “Hell Yeah!” when reading our core values:
- Build meaningful relationships – You see every day as an opportunity to grow and inspire and celebrate others.
- Love what you do – You do it for the love of the craft and the process and because work excites you.
- Better every day – You’d rather live in the stretch zone than the comfort zone. Trying new things is the only way to grow.
- Deliver faithfully – You set clear and realistic expectations for yourself and others. Then you follow through.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Here’s a few reasons we think you’ll love working at GLIDE:
- Purpose – Unrelenting focus on our core purpose to help people who help others
- Freedom – Freedom of time, location and work hours to balance your work/life
- People – Collaboration with kind-hearted, humble, and talented “A” players
- Remote – Work from anywhere, travel the world, be FREE to roam!
- Balance – We never ask people to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Growth – We encourage, recognize, and support employee career development
- Culture – Daily, weekly, quarterly and annual cultural activities
- Recognition – 628 encouraging Slack posts of specific recognition in 2020
- G-Labs – Core GLIDE initiative to collaborate, innovate and make a better world
- Strategy – We communicate big picture, annual and quarterly goals regularly
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
For almost 20 years, our desire to help people who help others remains true. For that reason, GLIDE has always sought to work with startups, nonprofits, and difference makers—all passionate, all wanting to do amazing things. It’s about giving great ideas and great organizations the exposure they deserve through delightful online digital experiences that are beautiful, useful, and produce lasting value.
We attribute our success and well-being to working with other passionate folks, choosing projects that everyone can rally behind and fanatically embracing open source platforms like WordPress. Whether it’s a nonprofit that distributes care boxes to cancer patients or a devilishly good taco maker, GLIDE has had the privilege and honor to work with truly beloved brands like Yeti Coolers, Torchy’s Tacos, iFLY, H.E. Butt Foundation, RetailMeNot, National Breast Cancer Foundation, WP Engine, and many more.
This position is full-time and remote. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Full-time is 35 hours per week (~30 less work days a year)
- Unlimited time off (we aim for 4+ weeks a year)
- Generous holidays (~20 days per year)
- Sick days for any reason (you, your kids, your loved ones)
- Benefits including health, vision, dental and life
- Competitive parental leave policies (for mothers and fathers)
- Healthy budgets for conferences, online courses and books (of your choice)
- Company t-shirts, long-sleeves, hoodies, beanies and other schwag
You’re free to work from anywhere anytime. If you’re outside of the US but can work at least 4+ hours in the US Central time zone from 9am-5pm (but not past midnight in your time zone, we want to encourage a healthy work-life balance), let’s talk. You should be fluent in English and have a strong wifi signal to support Zoom video chats with our team and clients.
We celebrate our diversity, of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, lifestyle, location, and more. We believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
No agencies or recruiters please.
"*" indicates required fields